Thursday, May 13, 2010

Road to Recovery


Road to Recovery, originally uploaded by tabrandt.


OK... still one ugly looking foot, no doubt about that. It has been 3 weeks and a couple days since the surgery to remove the tumor in my heel. Most of the wound has healed up nicely, although there is one spot near the middle that is still a bit open and still draining quite a bit.

Debbie stopped at Walgreens and picked up some really good lotion so that maybe I can heal up some of the overly dry and itchy skin.

Today was the first day I was actually able to get it wet. I put on a waterproof bandaid and then had to clean it with some hydrogen peroxide to make sure that all the water was removed from the wound.

Other than that life is still a bit on the slow side. I spend much of the day looking at the walls, watching a bit of TV, watching movies on my laptop using NetFlix as well as the DVD's that my team at work sent me as well as the basket full of DVD's that a few friends brought over for me to borrow.

Now that I am not really on the pain medication other than the evening when I get throbbing and a few muscle spasms, I have started reading a bit more. This is good because honestly watching TV that much can begin to drive you nuts. I have quite a few good books but have been reading a few photography magazines and have just started a book called SharePoint 2007 Web Content Management Development by Andrew Connell. I know... this may sound a bit boring to many of you... ok most if not all of you but trust me, this is good stuff.

See ya.

No comments: