Friday, September 3, 2010

Calatrava


Calatrava, originally uploaded by tabrandt.


I enjoy working downtown, partly because downtown is where all the excitement is --- right?

Well, that may sound like a line but sometimes I think that is really part of the reason why I like downtown. When I go for a walk at lunch time or early in the morning before starting work I enjoy seeing the hustling of the people on their way to work or like me, out for a bit of fresh air before the Wisconsin weather kicks in and we get snow.

Much like this week, we had the air conditioning on yesterday and then today I needed to wear a jacket to work -- welcome to Wisconsin.

The Calatrava - of all things I photograph the Calatrava must be one things I take the most. I just really enjoy this place and its majesty, the way the wings curve out over the lake. I enjoy the walkway from downtown to the Calatrava and the ropes of beams that help provide some of the appealing architecture.

I just found out that you can get into the MAM free on Thursdays. What a great deal, I think I know where I might be taking a walk on Thursdays.

Enjoy your holiday weekend, I hope to start taking more photos very soon. I wish I could get over this lack of creativity hump I seem to be stuck in...


Listening to: Shinedown - Simple Man (Acoustic)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love the new look of your blog! Very cool!