Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thirsty?


Thirsty?, originally uploaded by tabrandt.

Another great cub scout moment. My youngest and I spend the afternoon at his den leaders house tapping this try for a bit if sap to make some maple syrup.

Leave it to my little guy to try and get right from the tree -- no pancakes, no waffles -- just a mouth full of maple tree sap. mmmmm. I will admit, I didn't open my mouth under the drip but I did taste a bit that was already been harvested and was surprised that it was just like water ... but with a hint of maple.

I think my little guy had a great day, not only did he get to learn about maple syrup but he was able to spend some time just running and playing with his friends and when you are young like he is life just doesn't get much better than a big yard full of friends, maple syrup and a warm spring day.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

That is JJ for ya!